Remy Hoggard is from the Netherlands, lives in Bulgaria with her English sandman Paul; she is a world citizen! A sand artist since 1999. She sculpts at events all over the world. The human faces she creates out of sand seem to be alive. She is famoes for her woman and owl sculptures. When the couple are not sculpting sand they travel, sail on their boat in Holland or garden at their farm in Bulgaria. Remy does yoga daily, they are into cooking and good food and keep themselves fit and heathy to be in good form to create sand sculptures. Having an inquisitive mind Remy finds there is always so much to learn and she likes to make sculptures with a positive message..
Awards won by Remy
- public's choice and 3rd place, solo Remy, Texas SandFest International Sand Sculpture Competition 2019.
- 1st place doubles Paul and Remy, Kalmar International Sand Sculpture Festival, Sweden 2017 and 2018.
- 3rd place, solo Fulong International Sand Sculpture Art Festival, Taiwan 2017.
- 3rd place doubles Paul and Remy, Texas Sandfest, Port Aransas USA 2017.
- Public’s choice, doubles Paul and Remy, Texas Sandfest, Port Aransas USA 2017.
- Award of Excellence, doubles Paul and Remy, Fort Meyers American Championship USA 2016.
- Publics choice, solo Fort Meyers American Championship, USA 2016.
- Sculptors choice, solo Fort Meyers American Championship, USA 2016.
- 3rd place, doubles Paul and Remy, Expocite Quebec Canada 2005.
- Sculptors choice, doubles Paul and Remy, Expocite Quebec Canada 2005.
- 2nd place, team with Paul, Remy and Helena Bangert, Scheveningen the Netherlands 2004.